Tuesday, January 3, 2012

chatu-what?

that’s what my body is saying to me after maria’s amazing class yesterday morning.

thanks to living social, i’ve been doing yoga again over the past few weeks.  i took advantage of $48 for 10 classes (HUGE DEAL!!) at the yoga studio that jessie introduced me to a couple of years ago.  yoga is something that i’ve done on and off for the past 5 or 6 years and find to be so satisfying, mentally and physically.  the only thing that’s been keeping me from it lately is the expense, but i’m going to give the classes at my gym a try starting tomorrow.  i’ve been reluctant because i’m not super impressed with my gym, overall; it’s small, has no showers, and is always packed, but it gets the job done and the proximity to my office is unbeatable and serves as my perfect strategy to avoid the 5pm traffic rush.  i learned that one of the yoga teachers i really like at greenlake yogalife teaches at my gym (sunday mornings only) which gives me hope that the other yoga teachers are also great!  

i left my (hot pink) yoga mat in NYC about 2.5 years ago when i had to leave a few things behind (after 2 months at bay view, straight to NYC for 1 month and only 2 suitcases to get everything back home!) so i finally got around to purchasing a new one yesterday.  i was at u-village and had my first lululemon experience.  holy hell.  can i just say - i don’t get it.  100 bucks for a pair of yoga pants?  ……… that’s more than i would ever pay for any single article of clothing.  after fighting through masses of girly girls and trophy wives, i emerged victorious with a somewhat reasonably priced (?) yoga mat to call my own.

despite the difficulty of getting back into the work flow after a long weekend (and a 4-day week last week, too!), the prospect of going to this yoga class tomorrow is keeping me in good spirits.

namaste, y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment